Sud de France Master-Level Program
A study and certificate program on the wines of the Languedoc-Roussillon
The Sud de France Master-Level program is an official course of study designed for the wine trade on the wines of the Languedoc-Roussillon.
The program is actively supported and endorsed by all the wine trade organizations of the region:
- the Council of the wines of Languedoc (CIVL)
- the Council of the wines of Roussillon (CIVR)
- Pays d'Oc IGP (InterOc)
- IGPs of the Languedoc-Roussillon (AirSud)
Offered in an on-demand, distance-learning format:
This is the Languedoc-Roussillon as you’ve never seen it presented!
Fourteen recorded thematic webinars conducted by experts in their field, online study modules, reading and tasting assignments, interactive Q&A with instructors.
This is, in scope and design, the most comprehensive wine study program on Languedoc-Roussillon bar none. Through this program, students will acquire a profound knowledge of the region and develop a greater sensory understanding of its wines.
Study under true Languedoc-Roussillon wine experts and masterful instructors...
Delve into the Sud de France with the insight of Languedoc-Roussillon expert and resident, Matthew Stubbs, Master of Wine, lead instructor.
Learn from a prestigious panel of guest instructors including:
- Rosemary George, Master of Wine, author of "The Wines of the South of France"
- Andrew Jefford, Wine Writer, author of "The New France" and Languedoc resident
- Dominique Laporte, Best Sommelier of France, Meilleur Ouvrier de France and Languedoc resident
- Jay Youmans, Master of Wine
- Jessica Poole, Sud de France Tourism Department in London
- Eric Aracil, Export Director for the Conseil Interprofessionnel des Vins du Roussillon
The Sud de France Master-Level Webinar Program includes:
- Preparatory reading assignments, online study modules and review quiz
- Nine recorded webinars by lead instructor, Matthew Stubbs, Master of Wine
- Supplemental recorded webinars by Andrew Jefford, Jay Youmans MW, Rosemary George MW, Dominique Laporte MOF, Jessica Poole and Eric Aracil
- A copy of the Sud de France Master-Level Study Manual
- Tasting assignments to accompany each lecture
- Online review quizzes
- Access to instructors via the Q&A forum
- Online, proctored exam sit
Access to the online program is for one year from date of registration.
More information about the Online Study Program:
Why study Languedoc-Roussillon wines?
The Languedoc-Roussillon is the largest and most dynamic wine region in France. It actually is one of the largest wine regions in the world!
Diverse and fast moving, it is the place where 2000 years of history and tradition combine effortlessly with the contemporary and avant-garde.
Exciting and still relatively unknown compared to its more famous neighbors, the region has much to offer to all wine lovers.
What are the key learning objectives?
This master-level program delves deeply into Languedoc-Roussillon’s rich history, diverse landscapes and dynamic wine trade.
It provides detailed information on the region’s climate, grapes and viticultural practices. It explores the region’s geology, topography and soils, plus explains the specificities of wine production past and present.
The program covers all the individual AOCs and IGPs.
It enables students to understand and explain the stylistic differences between key AOCs and IGPs wines of the region.
There is an optional, proctored exam whose passing score validates mastery of the course content. This exam may be administered online for those with appropriate access to a computer outfitted with webcam and microphone.
The exam is composed of 50 multiple-choice questions, four short-answer essays as well as a map identification exercise. The Sud de France Master-Level Certificate will be conferred to those individuals who sit the exam and achieve a score of 75 or higher.
A comprehensive study and certificate program on the wines of the Languedoc-Roussillon.
A copy of the 100+ pages, full-color study manual as well as registration for on-demand, online exam sit.
Registration for online sit of the Sud de France Master-Level exam.
A 100-page, full-color study manual on the wines of the Sud de France.