Bourgogne Master-Level Certificate Program
Online format launches March 18th, 2013 - registration is now open
The Burgundy Master-Level Program is an official course of study designed for the wine trade; it is endorsed by the Burgundy Wine Bureau - BIVB
The program has been created jointly by the French Wine Society and lead instructor Don Kinnan, CWE.
The Bourgogne Master-Level Certificate Program launches in online format March 18th, 2013. Registration is now open.
Explore Burgundy from the comfort of your own office or home. This is Bourgogne as you’ve never seen it presented!
The online study package includes:
- Preparatory reading assignments, online study modules and review quiz
- Seventeen recorded lectures by lead instructor, Don Kinnan, CWE
- Supplemental recorded lectures by Allen Meadows, Becky Wasserman, Eric Hemer MS, Jay Youmans MW and Karen McNeil
- A copy of “The Wines of Burgundy”, 12th English edition, by Pitiot and Servant
- Reading and tasting assignments to accompany each lecture
- Online review quizzes
- Access to instructors via the Q&A forum
- Optional study immersion trip to Burgundy in June of 2013 (Additional fees apply.)
- Online, proctored exam sit
BONUS: Included is a complementary 6-hour review and tutored tasting session with Don Kinnan at the Society of Wine Educators conference in Orlando on July 30th 2013.
This is, in scope and design, the most comprehensive wine study program on Burgundy bar none.
Through this program, students will acquire a profound knowledge of the region and develop a greater sensory understanding of its wines.
A passing score of 75 on the final exam validates mastery of the course content. This exam can be taken online. For proctoring purposes, you will need access to a computer equipped with microphone and webcam.
Students have a full-calendar year of access to the online study materials and a full year within which they may sit for the exam.
Study under true Burgundy wine experts and masterful instructors...
Delve into Burgundy with the insight of Burgundy expert, Don Kinnan, lead-instructor.
Learn from a prestigious panel of guest instructors including:
- Jay Youmans, Master of Wine, BIVB Certified Bourgogne Instructor, owner of the Capital Wine School
- Becky & Peter Wasserman, Burgundy-based Wine Brokers
- Allen Meadows, aka the Burghound
- Karen MacNeil, Chairman of the Rudd Center for Professional Wine Studies at the CIA
- Eric Hemer, Master Sommelier, Educational Director for Southern Wine & Spirits (SWS) of Florida
Your moderator and program coordinator will be Lisa M. Airey, CWE, FWS, Education Director, French Wine Society and BIVB Certified Bourgogne Instructor.
Other study options:
- New in 2013: Bourgogne Wine Immersion Study Trip
For the complete immersion experience, add a trip to Bourgogne to the Master-Level program. Spend a week visiting vineyards and wineries, tasting wine and savoring regional cusine under the tutelage and direction of Jean-Pierre Renard of the BIVB's Ecole des Vins de Bourgogne. Learn more.
Live Bourgogne Master-Level Online Review Session presented by lead instructor Don Kinnan on Sat. September 29th.
Registration for online sit of the Bourgogne Master-Level exam.
A comprehensive study and certificate program on the wines of Burgundy