A part of the FWS' Master-Level Study Programs!
Starting May 2013, the French Wine Society will offer week-long immersion study trips to some of the top wine regions in France.
We believe that traveling to the wine regions with expert instruction is the very best way to complete your French wine education and embrace the landscapes, terroir, culture and people that shape the region’s wines.
Wine Immersion Study Trips Overview:
The FWS wine immersion trips are designed to expand upon FWS's Master-Level study programs and provide a full educational experience.
Step 1: Participants are enrolled in a Master-Level program, receive their manual and access to on-line study modules 90 days prior to visiting their region of study.
Step 2: Participants travel to their French wine region of choice accompanied by other Master-Level study candidates.
One of our lead Master-Level instructors will lead the group for the entire week’s activities: classroom instruction, tutored tastings, visits to domains and vineyards, meals with special guests including vignerons, oenologists or wine journalists, and much more.
Step 3: Participants schedule their on-line Master-Level exam after returning home (and have up to a full year to do so.)
To maximize the experience, each trip will consist of no more than 18 participants. By keeping the group small, we will have access to very special people and places.
Why embark on the FWS French Wine Immersion Study Trips:
- The trips are designed by the French Wine Society, the most trusted name in French wine education.
- They are intensive, professional-level educational wine study trips coupled with certification (the FWS’s industry-endorsed, Masters-Level program for each region) upon successful completion of the final exam.
- They are led by internationally-renowned experts.
- They include extensive high-caliber wine tastings.
- The trips are nearly all-inclusive, with full comfort hotels, fabulous meals with great wines, all winery tours and tastings, and deluxe transportation, for a price that is a great value.
- The trips focus on providing an “authentic experience”. Meals revolve around dishes of local specialties matched with fine local wines.
- You’ll get an authentic experience of the local culture, and see some of the most amazing and beautiful sites in France.
- The trips are organized and operated by Terroir Wine Services, which has more than a decade of experience putting together extraordinary wine trips in all the French wine regions and has been acclaimed in the international press.
When & Where:
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE There are four wine study tours currently being planned for May and June 2013: Burgundy, Bordeaux, Rhône Valley and Languedoc-Roussillon .
- Languedoc-Roussillon trip dates and itinerary
- Rhône Valley trip dates and itinerary
- Bordeaux trip dates and itinerary
- Bourgogne trip dates and itinerary
For more information:
FWS member Lauriann Greene, Sommelier-conseil, is the coordinator of our immersion study trips and your contact for the trips. She has many years of experience organizing exceptional wine experiences in France and will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- or by phone at +1 302-415-3036
You may also find answers to most questions you might have in our FAQ page.
Share this on: