Sud de France Master-level Online Program
- Sud de France Master-level Online Program
- Tue. Mar. 12, 2013
- Master-Level Programs
Sud de France Master-Level Program
A study and certificate program on the wines of the Languedoc-Roussillon
The Sud de France Master-Level program is an official course of study designed for the wine trade on the wines of the Languedoc-Roussillon.
The program is actively supported and endorsed by all the wine trade organizations of the region:
- the Council of the wines of Languedoc (CIVL)
- the Council of the wines of Roussillon (CIVR)
- Pays d'Oc IGP (InterOc)
- IGPs of the Languedoc-Roussillon (AirSud)
Online Study Program launches March 12th 2013!
Take 2 months and visit the Languedoc-Roussillon from the comfort of your own office or home computer.
This is the Languedoc-Roussillon as you’ve never seen it presented!
Fourteen live thematic webinars conducted by experts in their field, online study modules, reading and tasting assignments, interactive Q&A with instructors, plus an opportunity to attend a review and tutored tasting in a live classroom environment!
This is, in scope and design, the most comprehensive wine study program on Languedoc-Roussillon bar none. Through this program, students will acquire a profound knowledge of the region and develop a greater sensory understanding of its wines.
Study under true Languedoc-Roussillon wine experts and masterful instructors...
Delve into the Sud de France with the insight of Languedoc-Roussillon expert and resident, Matthew Stubbs, Master of Wine, lead instructor.
Learn from a prestigious panel of guest instructors including:
- Rosemary George, Master of Wine, author of "The Wines of the South of France"
- Andrew Jefford, Wine Writer, author of "The New France" and Languedoc resident
- Dominique Laporte, Best Sommelier of France, Meilleur Ouvrier de France and Languedoc resident
- Jay Youmans, Master of Wine
- Jessica Poole, Sud de France Tourism Department in London
- Eric Aracil, Export Director for the Conseil Interprofessionnel des Vins du Roussillon
The Sud de France Master-Level Webinar Program includes:
- Preparatory reading assignments, online study modules and review quiz
- Nine live webinars by lead instructor, Matthew Stubbs, Master of Wine
- Supplemental live webinars by Andrew Jefford, Jay Youmans MW, Rosemary George MW, Dominique Laporte MOF, Jessica Poole and Eric Aracil
- One-year access to the video recordings of all live webinars
- A copy of the Sud de France Master-Level Study Manual
- Tasting assignments to accompany each lecture
- Online review quizzes
- Access to instructors via the Q&A forum
- Online, proctored exam sit
More information about the 2013 Online Study Program:
Why study Languedoc-Roussillon wines?
The Languedoc-Roussillon is the largest and most dynamic wine region in France. It actually is one of the largest wine regions in the world!
Diverse and fast moving, it is the place where 2000 years of history and tradition combine effortlessly with the contemporary and avant-garde.
Exciting and still relatively unknown compared to its more famous neighbors, the region has much to offer to all wine lovers.
What are the key learning objectives?
This master-level program delves deeply into Languedoc-Roussillon’s rich history, diverse landscapes and dynamic wine trade.
It provides detailed information on the region’s climate, grapes and viticultural practices. It explores the region’s geology, topography and soils, plus explains the specificities of wine production past and present.
The program covers all the individual AOCs and IGPs.
It enables students to understand and explain the stylistic differences between key AOCs and IGPs wines of the region.
Other Study Options:
- A two-day Languedoc-Russillon Intensive consisting of live classroom and tutored tasting presented by Matthew Stubbs MW (next dates coming soon)
- New in 2013: Sud de France Immersion Study Trip
For the complete immersion experience, add a trip to the Languedoc-Roussillon to the Master-Level program. Spend a week visiting vineyards and wineries, tasting wine and savoring regional cuisine under the tutelage and direction of a Master-Level instructor Matthew Stubbs MW. Learn more.
There is an optional, proctored exam whose passing score validates mastery of the course content. This exam may be administered online for those with appropriate access to a computer outfitted with webcam and microphone.
The exam is composed of 50 multiple-choice questions, four short-answer essays as well as a map identification exercise. The Sud de France Master-Level Certificate will be conferred to those individuals who sit the exam and achieve a score of 75 or higher.
EventList powered by schlu.net